The CCI MTF Oscillator Forex strategy is a trend following trading system that allows traders catch trends in their formative stages and also lets you ride the trend until the end.
This strategy can quickly become a money spinner when you adhere to its trading rules
Trend following traders will greatly appreciate this type of trading system due to its simply buy/sell trading rules.
Its straightforwardness and its ability to generate crystal clear alerts are some of the reasons why it is so unique.
We recommend this trading strategy to just about any trader willing to not just break even but accumulate profits in their trading career.
MetaTrader4 Indicators: cci-mtf-oscillator.ex4 (Inputs Variable Modified; Periods=48), trend-magic.ex4 (Default Setting)
Preferred Time Frame(s): 1-Minute, 5-Minute, 15-Minutes, 30-Minutes, 1-Hour, 4-Hours, 1-Day, 1-Week
Recommended Trading Sessions: Any
Currency Pairs: Any pair
Buy Trade Example
Long Entry Rules
Enter a bullish trade if the following indicator or chart pattern gets put on display:
- If the tomato line of the cci-mtf-oscillator Metatrader 4 Forex indicator breaks and hovers above the 0.00 signal level as depicted on Fig. 1.0, price is said to be pushed higher, thus a trigger to go long on the stipulated Forex pair.
- If the trend-magic indicator pops up a blue line section that is aligned somewhat below the candlesticks as illustrated on Fig. 1.0, bulls are said to be driving price higher i.e. a trigger to buy the currency pair of interest.
Stop Loss for Buy Entry: Place stop loss 3 pips below trading support.
Exit Strategy/Take Profit for Buy Entry
Exit or take profit from all trades if the following rules or conditions takes precedence:
- If while a bullish trend is running, the tomato line of the cci-mtf-oscillator indicator dips below the 0.00 horizontal level (see Fig. 1.0), bulls are said to be taking a hit, therefore an exit or take profit stance is advised.
- If the trend-magic Forex indicator line reverts to red during the course of a bullish signal, it is pointing to a likely bearish reversal, as such an exit or take profit is duly recommended.
Sell Entry Rules
Go short if the following setups gets displayed rightly on the activity chart:
- If the tomato line of the cci-mtf-oscillator custom indicator break and hovers below the 0.00 signal level as exemplified on Fig. 1.1, price is said to be dragged lower, as such a trigger to go short on the designated Forex pair.
- If the trend-magic indicator pops up a red line section that is positioned somewhat above the price bars as demonstrated on Fig. 1.1, more bears are said to be taking up market positions, therefore a sell alert is in the offing.
Stop Loss for Sell Entry: Place stop loss 3 pips above trading resistance.
Exit Strategy/Take Profit for Sell Entry
Exit or take profit if the following takes center stage:
- If while a bearish trend is ongoing, the tomato line of the cci-mtf-oscillator indicator surges above the 0.00 signal level (refer to Fig. 1.1), bears are said to be leaving the market in their droves, therefore an exit or take profit stance will suffice.
- If the line color of the trend-magic custom indicator changes to blue while a bearish trend is running, it is pointing to an expected bullish reversal, as such an exit or take profit posture is welcomed.
Sell Trade Example
About The Trading Indicators
The cci-mtf-oscillator is a commodity channel index based oscillator that uses information surrounding the oversold/overbought market state to generate buy/sell signals.
Trend-magic is a technical indicator that combines the Commodity Channel Index (CCI) and Average True Range (ATR) technical indicators.
This combination ensures that the indicator is able to quickly spot price entry points, while also doing same for trend direction.