As the name of the indicator suggests, the advanced moving average indicator for MT4 reduces lag and reacts faster to price movements in the Forex market.
The image below displays the reduced lag MA vs. traditional MA using the same input settings.
Use this MA indicator just like the traditional moving averages indicator to trade with the current trend.
The indicator can be applied to open, close, high, low, typical and weighted prices.
Uptrend: price above the red MA line
Downtrend: price below the red MA line.
Currency pairs: any
Time frames: any
Trading sessions: any
Configurable Indicator Options
Colors, MA period, MA method (SMA, EMA, SMMA, LMWA)
Example: AUD/USD 1-Hour Chart
How to install the Reduced Lag Moving Average custom indicator in Metatrader 4?
- Download the reducedlagma.mq4 indicator to your computer.
- Open your Metatrader 4 platform.
- Open the data folder from the top menu.
- Open the MQL4 folder.
- Open the indicators folder.
- Paste the indicator file in this folder.
- Restart the trading platform.
- Open any trading chart.
- Attach the indicator to the chart.