The Hull Moving Average for MT4 is a popular trend following indicator based on moving averages with period 21.
Green Hull trend line suggests bullish currency trend.
Purple Hull trend line suggests bearish currency trend.
BUY: In uptrends: Go long if the trend line flips from purple to green.
SELL: In downtrends: Go short if the trend line flips from green to purple.
Use in conjunction with trend analysis tools to determine the primary trend. Don’t trade against the primary trend.
USD/JPY Daily Chart Example
How to install the Hull Moving Average custom indicator in Metatrader 4?
- Download the Hull Moving Average.mq4 indicator to your computer.
- Open your Metatrader 4 platform.
- Open the data folder from the top menu.
- Open the MQL4 folder.
- Open the indicators folder.
- Paste the indicator file in this folder.
- Restart the trading platform.
- Open any trading chart.
- Attach the indicator to the chart.