Download an advanced moving average crossover signal system indicator for Metatrader 4.
The MA histogram changes color when a short-term moving average crosses a long-term moving average from above or below.
This system is often used by trend following forex traders.
Feel free to experiment with the moving average periods and method (simple, exponential, smoothed and linear weighted).
Buy signal: Wait for the MA histogram to change color from pink to blue (bullish).
Sell signal: Wait for the MA histogram to change color from blue to pink (bearish).
Currency pairs: any (majors, cross pairs, exotics)
Time frames: any
Trading sessions: any
Configurable Indicator Options
Colors, MA period, MA method, signal, maximum bars,…
Example: EUR/JPY H1 Chart
How to install the MA Trend Following custom indicator in Metatrader 4?
- Download the MA Histogram.ex4 indicator to your computer.
- Open your Metatrader 4 platform.
- Open the data folder from the top menu.
- Open the MQL4 folder.
- Open the indicators folder.
- Paste the indicator file in this folder.
- Restart the trading platform.
- Open any trading chart.
- Attach the indicator to the chart.