The Ascent II EA for Metatrader 4 is a Forex robot that trades breakouts caused by high impact news, higher highs, lower lows and trend lines.
It uses dynamic take profit targets and calculates stop losses based on volatility.
You can choose between two different strategies (properties > inputs).
In terms of profitability, the Ascent II expert advisor made +116.23% absolute gain (see verified MyFXBook track record)
Ascent II is long-term profitable and has been around for a couple of years.
The EA can be used on unlimited trading accounts, both demo and live and should work on any time frame.
Recommended: test the Ascent II EA on a demo account first over an extended period of time before running it on a live trading account.
The MyFXBook chart below shows the Ascent II EA trading performance for the testing period (click on the chart to zoom in).
- Absolute gain: +116.23%
- Monthly gain: 12.46%
- Drawdown: 3.55%
Download This Expert Advisor (MT4)
General Information & Recommendations
- Designed to work for any time frame
- Should work for any currency pair and Gold
- Recommended minimum account balance: $250
- Works on unlimited demo accounts.
- Works on unlimited live accounts.
- Developed for Metatrader 4
The picture below shows the Ascent II EA attached to the EUR/USD 1-hour chart using the default settings.
EA Input Parameters
Money management, risk setting, static lot size, acceleration, mass, qualifier, MA 1, MA 2, exit type, use trailing stops, take profit factor, stop loss factor, target profit in pips, initial stop, trailing stop, use break-even, pips to lock, enable strategy 2, use initial balance, maximum spread, 5 digit broker
How to access the inputs tab? Right click on the chart > properties > inputs tab (adjust EA settings here)
How do I install the Ascent II EA in Metatrader 4?
- Open the Metatrader 4 platform and select “File” from the top menu
- Click on “Open Data Folder” and select the “MQL4” folder
- Click on “Experts” folder and drag and drop the Ascent II.ex4 file into this folder
- Restart the Metatrader 4 platform and attach the expert advisor to the chart