The William Blau Ergodic MACD Forex trading strategy for MT4 works very well for scalping and day trading currency pairs during the active trading sessions.
The strategy is based around the Ergodic MACD indicator and provides both entry and exit signals.
For best performance, it’s recommended to deploy it during the London and US trading sessions.
Strategy Setup & Recommendations
Indicators (MT4) : blau_ergodic_macd.mq4 (default settings)
Currency pairs: works on any currency pair + Gold
Time frames: works on any time frame
Trade style: scalping & day trading
Trading Platform: Metatrader 4
Chart Example (USD/JPY H1)
After you downloaded and installed the William Blau Ergodic MACD Forex strategy on the MT4 trading platform, it should look like the image as shown below.
System Buy & Sell Rules:
- A buy signal is given when the yellow Ergodic MACD line turns back above the zero level from below.
- Place stop loss just below short-term support.
- Exit the buy trade at a predetermined profit target or simply wait for an opposite sell trading signal.
- A sell signal is given when the yellow Ergodic MACD line turns back below the zero level from above.
- Place stop loss just above short-term resistance.
- Exit the sell trade at a predetermined profit target or simply wait for an opposite buy trading signal.
How to install this Forex system in Metatrader 4?
Then, install the technical indicators as follows:
- Open your Metatrader 4 platform.
- Open the data folder from the top menu.
- Open the MQL4 folder.
- Open the indicators folder.
- Paste the downloaded indicators in this folder.
- Restart the trading platform.
- Open any trading chart.
- Attach the indicators to the chart.
Now you are ready to start using this trading system!
About the blau_ergodic_macd.mq4 indicator (MT4)
This indicator was developed by William Blau and is mainly based on the MACD technical indicator.
Input variables: Smooth length 1, smooth length 2, smooth length 3, signal length, price
Feel free to combine this trading strategy with other technical indicators or with price action.
Explore and experiment with the indicator’s different inputs and settings to create your own personalized strategy setup.